How it Works
How does the Chi-Mat work?
The best thing about the Chi-Mat is that it is easy to use and requires very little effort. You simply lie on the mat and let it do all the work. Dr. Green's Chi-Mat has 250 flowers with 32 spikes on each flower, equating to 8000 individual acupressure points.
These small but powerful pressure points on The Chi-mat use the concept of acupressure to achieve the following:
- Ease muscle pain by stimulating the release of endorphins in the body, which will decrease the body's awareness of pain (also known as analgesia)
- Decrease muscle tension and tightness by stimulating the nerves to relax the muscles
Promotes an increase in blood circulation to the affected area, which is a natural and therapeutic form of heat
Dr. Green's Chi-Mat is designed to relax and refresh your body and ease your muscle pain, all without medication.
How long do you lie on it?
- The recommended goal is 20-40 minutes/day, but you can receive benefits for lesser amounts of time and frequency.
When should you use it?
- It can be used everyday; I recommend using it at night, but it can be used at anytime.
Does it hurt?
- The beginner protocol is pain-free and comfortable since it involves wearing a thin shirt
- As you progress to using the chi-mat more regularly, the protocol involves going bare-skin… this can feel uncomfortable for the first 3-5 minutes or so, but it subsides the longer you lie on the mat